PWS on NT doesnt display asp/ and installation help for IIS 4

Aksahy

My friedn is using PWS on NT4 machine, its a local machine, whenever he
directs to an .asp page, visual interdev starts.
How can we over ocme this.I had solved this problem long time ago. Now i
dont remember.

Also to install IIS4.0 do we need to install MTS? if yes, where can we get
it?
:(

Thank You
akshay

Ken Schaefer

How are you accessing the file?

http://localhost/myASPPage.asp

should work. However if you double-click a file in Explorer, then it's going
to open Visual Interdev. ASP (Active /Server/ Pages) requires that you
access the pages via a webserver, so that the server-side code can be
parsed.

Cheers
Ken

:
: Also to install IIS4.0 do we need to install MTS? if yes, where can we get
: it?
: :(
:
: Thank You
: akshay
:
:

Ken Schaefer

Then check that .asp files are mapped to asp.dll

Cheers
Ken

: Thank you ken,
:
: I am using the browser to access the page
:
: :(
:
: akshay
: : > How are you accessing the file?
: >
: > http://localhost/myASPPage.asp
: >
: > should work. However if you double-click a file in Explorer, then it's
: going
: > to open Visual Interdev. ASP (Active /Server/ Pages) requires that you
: > access the pages via a webserver, so that the server-side code can be
: > parsed.
: >
: > Cheers
: > Ken
: >
: > : > : My friedn is using PWS on NT4 machine, its a local machine, whenever
he
: > : directs to an .asp page, visual interdev starts.
: > : How can we over ocme this.I had solved this problem long time ago. Now
: > : dont remember.
: > :
: > : Also to install IIS4.0 do we need to install MTS? if yes, where can we
: get
: > : it?
: > : :(
: > :