Py + CGI or other ?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Krisztian Kepes, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Hi !

    I want to substitute/replace my php site to python, 'cause
    I fall in love with Python, and not want to continue the work with php.

    A question:
    - how to I make the change ?
    So, I take an interest in Python+Web. Where I starting this learning ?

    1.
    I use php used in module, not in cgi ?
    The python can load to apache in module ?

    2.
    Or I must create an CGI library ?

    3.
    The BaseHTTPServer is good for starting an cgi development ?

    4.
    Can the python handle the session of web browsers ?

    5.
    Can the python access other db servers (not mysql) ?

    Thx:
    KK

    Krisztian Kepes, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Krisztian Kepes

    YoTuco Guest

    Krisztian Kepes wrote:

    > Hi !
    >
    > I want to substitute/replace my php site to python, 'cause
    > I fall in love with Python, and not want to continue the work with php.
    >
    > A question:
    > - how to I make the change ?
    > So, I take an interest in Python+Web. Where I starting this learning ?
    >
    > 1.
    > I use php used in module, not in cgi ?
    > The python can load to apache in module ?
    >
    > 2.
    > Or I must create an CGI library ?
    >
    > 3.
    > The BaseHTTPServer is good for starting an cgi development ?
    >
    > 4.
    > Can the python handle the session of web browsers ?
    >
    > 5.
    > Can the python access other db servers (not mysql) ?
    >
    > Thx:
    > KK

    I think www.python.org --> documentation and
    http://www.python.org/topics/web/ has a lot of your answers.

    1. Yes, mod_python. Compile Python with no threads.
    2. That is one option. And I think there is a Python fast cgi module, too.
    3. If it can do forms as a default, why not.
    4. Don't know.
    5. Yes

    YoTuco, Jul 3, 2003