py-complete help

Dustin Lee

Seems like py-complete.el offers some cool features, if I could only
get it to work.
From the file

;; 1. hippie-expand support via try-complete-py-complete-symbol,
;; just like the lisp-version, nice for the [S-tab] hungry.
What do I need to do to get this to work? I have hippie-expand mapped
to F7 (not S-tab) but I'm not sure how I can get hippie to "know"
about the above complete function

;;
;; 2. minibuffer-complete, pressing [M-return] brings up a
;; minibuffer completion of the expression before point, usefull if
;; you want to get an overview of your options.
Nothing happens when I press M-return

;;
;; 3. pressing [f1] brings up help on a python symbol before point
;; (just what help(thingy) gives
if i try this after anything (e.g. "time")
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
NameError: name 'time' is not defined

;;
;; 4. pressing "(" tries to parse the preceeding tokens as a funtion
;; or method, and retrieve the signature via the inspect module, and
;; messages it to you
after time.time

py-complete: waiting for python prompt
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
NameError: name 'time' is not defined

;;
;; 5. pressing "," shows last signature.
;;
;; (4+5) is great for calling functions like:
;;
;; string.join
;;
;; where I can never remember whether it's the list or seperator first
pretty much same as above

;;
;; 6. tries to work for both py-execute-buffer and
;; py-execute-import-or-reload oriented work-styles. Feel free to
;; suggest improvements, or to just improve the code yourself.

Hmm.... Ok, I'm lame. What does this mean?

Thanks,

dustin

ps. I've been googling around but haven't found a great one stop
shopping resource for "power" programming techniques for python in
emacs. Any suggestions?