.py from .pyc - how? Have deleted my .py file!

F. GEIGER

Dear all,

never thought that this could happen to me: I accidently deleted a
..py-file before I could back it up :-(

However, the .pyc file is still there. Can I restore the .py file from
the .pyc file somehow?

Many thanks in advance
Franz GEIGER

Matthias Huening

F. GEIGER said:
Dear all,

never thought that this could happen to me: I accidently deleted a
.py-file before I could back it up :-(

However, the .pyc file is still there. Can I restore the .py file from
the .pyc file somehow?

http://www.crazy-compilers.com/decompyle/

There is one drawback:
"# Costs only 10 EUR per 10 KB (or part thereof, counted per file)"

Matthias

Chris King

No more: "decompyle has moved to
http://www.crazy-compilers.com/decompyle/ Please update out bookmarks."

The .rpm link on that page still works, if you're on Mandrake or RedHat:
http://www.pypackage.org/files/mandrake/cooker/RPMS/i586/python-decompyle-2.2beta1-1pyp.i586.rpm

decompyle 2.2 is also available in Debian testing and unstable. If you
are running another Linux or Windows, you can grab the source package here:

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/decompyle/decompyle_2.2beta1.orig.tar.gz

David Fraser

Chris said:
The .rpm link on that page still works, if you're on Mandrake or RedHat:
http://www.pypackage.org/files/mandrake/cooker/RPMS/i586/python-decompyle-2.2beta1-1pyp.i586.rpm

decompyle 2.2 is also available in Debian testing and unstable. If you
are running another Linux or Windows, you can grab the source package here:

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/decompyle/decompyle_2.2beta1.orig.tar.gz

Hi

A while ago I found an updated version of decompyle that was meant to
work with Python 2.3. Unfortunately the pages it was on
(http://stud.usv.ro/~rchiriliuc/decompyle.php and
http://adal.eu.org/decompyle.php) seem to have disappeared ; I have
contacted the author (Adal Chiriliuc) to find out if he has any more info.

In the mean time I have put both 2.2beta1 and 2.3 up at
http://davidf.sjsoft.com/mirrors/decompyle/

Anyone with any more info, please shout...

David