    PyNewbie Guest

    Hi,
    I'm looking for a python class or open source code that is tightly integrated with VNC protocols - any ideas?

    PyNewbie, May 3, 2011

  2. On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:23 AM, PyNewbie <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm looking for a python class or open source code that is tightly integrated with VNC protocols - any ideas?

    It's not a complex protocol; you could fairly readily work it
    manually. The protocol itself is called RFB - see
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFB_protocol which has links to the
    official protocol spec. Working it from Python is as simple as
    creating a socket (import socket; vnc=socket.socket();
    vnc.connect(('address',5900))) and sending and receiving binary data.

    If you're setting things up as a test, I recommend playing around with
    authentication disabled - it's a lot easier to master the protocol in
    its simplest form.

    Chris Angelico

    Chris Angelico, May 3, 2011