    TIA,
    /venkat

    , Mar 22, 2006

  2. limodou Guest

    On 21 Mar 2006 17:06:12 -0800, <> wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Of TurboGers & Django WAF candidates, which one would be easier to use
    > in an environment where the data/content doesn't come an RDBMS, but
    > from other server-side apps... If these are not good candidates, could
    > you suggest appropriate ones...
    >
    > TIA,
    > /venkat

    If you don't want to use RDBMS, I think Karrigell is better. Many
    features of Django and TurboGears relate to database.

    --
    I like python!
    My Blog: http://www.donews.net/limodou

    limodou, Mar 22, 2006

  3. CatDude Guest

    > If you don't want to use RDBMS, I think Karrigell is better. Many
    > features of Django and TurboGears relate to database.

    I've just begun looking at it, but I've also been impressed with Myghty.

    CatDude, Mar 22, 2006
  4. Anand Guest

    Try web.py. Very simple and powerful web framework.

    http://webpy.org

    -anand

    Anand, Mar 22, 2006
  5. wrote:

    > Of TurboGers & Django WAF candidates, which one would be easier to use
    > in an environment where the data/content doesn't come an RDBMS, but
    > from other server-side apps...

    Django is trivial to use for this (but you still want to use a DB together
    with the built-in admin interface for basic configuration stuff; sqlite may
    be good enough...)

    I haven't used TG myself, but it's probably just as easy.

    just pick a stable release of either one and get to work.

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Mar 22, 2006
  6. wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Of TurboGers & Django WAF candidates, which one would be easier to use
    > in an environment where the data/content doesn't come an RDBMS, but
    > from other server-side apps...

    IMHO, both.

    > If these are not good candidates, could
    > you suggest appropriate ones...

    Well... There are *many* web frameworks in Python, you know ?

    --
    bruno desthuilliers
    p in ''.split('@')])"

    bruno at modulix, Mar 22, 2006
  7. Re: struct size confusion:

    Michael Yanowitz wrote:

    > I am relatively new to Python and this is my first post on
    > this mailing list.
    >
    > I am confused as to why I am getting size differences in the following
    > cases:

    > 4

    > 2

    > 8

    > 6
    >
    > Why is it 8 bytes in the third case and why would it be only 6 bytes
    > in the last case if it is 8 in the previous?

    because modern platforms tend to use an alignment equal to the size of
    the item; 2-byte objects are stored at even addresses, 4-byte objects
    are stored at addresses that are multiples of four, etc.

    in other words, HI is stored as 2 bytes H data plus 2 bytes padding plus
    four bytes I data, while IH is four bytes I data, no padding, and 2 bytes
    H data.

    > I tried specifying big endian and little endian and they both have
    > the same results.

    are you sure? (see below)

    > I suspect, there is some kind of padding involved, but it does not
    > seem to be done consistently or in a recognizable method.

    the alignment options are described in the library reference:

    http://docs.python.org/lib/module-struct.html

    default is native byte order, native padding:

    >>> struct.calcsize("IH")

    6
    >>> struct.calcsize("HI")

    8

    to specify other byte orders, use a prefix character. this also disables
    padding. e.g.

    >>> struct.calcsize("!IH")

    6
    >>> struct.calcsize("!HI")

    6

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Mar 22, 2006
  8. On Wednesday 22 March 2006 02:06, wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Of TurboGers & Django WAF candidates, which one would be easier to use
    > in an environment where the data/content doesn't come an RDBMS, but
    > from other server-side apps... If these are not good candidates, could
    > you suggest appropriate ones...
    >
    > TIA,
    > /venkat

    Be sure to have a look at CherryPy: http://www.cherrypy.org