py2app can't find boot_app.py

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bob Swerdlow, Mar 14, 2005.

  1. Bob Swerdlow

    Bob Swerdlow Guest

    I'm trying to move my application from bundlebuilder to py2app. I upgraded
    to PyObjC 1.2, which include py2app 1.7, but I got the following error. I
    saw a note on the py2app site that earlier versions need to be removed
    before the upgrade, so I deleted the py2app directory and downloaded and
    installed it separately, but got the same result. How do I get it to find
    this boot_app.py file?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Excerpts from the py2app run:

    % python setup.py py2app
    running py2app

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/tmp/tmptCCn9S.py", line 218, in ?
    direct=1)
    File
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
    python2.3/site-packages/py2app/py2app/util.py", line 208, in
    byte_compile
    if force or newer(mod.filename, cfile):
    File
    "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
    python2.3/distutils/dep_util.py", line 22, in newer
    raise DistutilsFileError, "file '%s' does not exist" % source
    distutils.errors.DistutilsFileError: file 'boot_app.py' does not exist
    error: command '/usr/bin/python' failed with exit status 1
    Bob Swerdlow, Mar 14, 2005