py2app can't find boot_app.py

Bob Swerdlow

I'm trying to move my application from bundlebuilder to py2app. I upgraded
to PyObjC 1.2, which include py2app 1.7, but I got the following error. I
saw a note on the py2app site that earlier versions need to be removed
before the upgrade, so I deleted the py2app directory and downloaded and
installed it separately, but got the same result. How do I get it to find
this boot_app.py file?

Thanks,
Bob

Excerpts from the py2app run:

% python setup.py py2app
running py2app

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/tmptCCn9S.py", line 218, in ?
direct=1)
File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/site-packages/py2app/py2app/util.py", line 208, in
byte_compile
if force or newer(mod.filename, cfile):
File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/distutils/dep_util.py", line 22, in newer
raise DistutilsFileError, "file '%s' does not exist" % source
distutils.errors.DistutilsFileError: file 'boot_app.py' does not exist
error: command '/usr/bin/python' failed with exit status 1