py2app help

Discussion in 'Python' started by Massimo Di Pierro, Oct 15, 2007.

  1. Hello,

    Two users have reported this error when used the OSX version of Gluon
    (http://mdp.cti.depaul.edu/examples)

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/Users/jacek/src/gluon/runme.app/Contents/Resources/
    __boot__.py", line 157, in <module>
    rograms/gluon/runme.py'))
    File "/Users/jacek/src/gluon/runme.app/Contents/Resources/
    __boot__.py", line 148, in _run
    target, wasChanged = alias.ResolveAlias(None)
    MacOS.Error: (-35, 'no such volume')
    2007-10-15 21:29:08.896 runme[8217] runme Error
    2007-10-15 21:29:08.898 runme[8217] runme Error
    An unexpected error has occurred during execution of the main script
    Error: (-35, 'no such volume')

    I made it with py2app and I am relatively new to OSX.
    Does anybody has any idea of what could be wrong?
    I would very much appreciate any help. The code is posted including
    setup_py2app.

    Massimo

    Massimo Di Pierro, Oct 15, 2007

  2. Massimo Di Pierro

    has Guest

    On 15 Oct, 22:21, Massimo Di Pierro <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Two users have reported this error when used the OSX version of Gluon
    > (http://mdp.cti.depaul.edu/examples)
    >
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "/Users/jacek/src/gluon/runme.app/Contents/Resources/
    > __boot__.py", line 157, in <module>
    > rograms/gluon/runme.py'))
    > File "/Users/jacek/src/gluon/runme.app/Contents/Resources/
    > __boot__.py", line 148, in _run
    > target, wasChanged = alias.ResolveAlias(None)
    > MacOS.Error: (-35, 'no such volume')
    > 2007-10-15 21:29:08.896 runme[8217] runme Error
    > 2007-10-15 21:29:08.898 runme[8217] runme Error
    > An unexpected error has occurred during execution of the main script
    > Error: (-35, 'no such volume')
    >
    > I made it with py2app and I am relatively new to OSX.
    > Does anybody has any idea of what could be wrong?
    > I would very much appreciate any help. The code is posted including
    > setup_py2app.

    Most of the files in the .app bundle are actually symlinks, so I'm
    guessing you built it with the --alias flag which should be used for
    development purposes only. You need to rebuild it as a standalone
    executable. See the py2app documentation for more info:

    http://svn.pythonmac.org/py2app/py2app/trunk/doc/index.html

    (You might also file a feature request with the py2app developer
    asking for it to give a more helpful error message when this error
    occurs.)

    HTH

    has
    --