% python setup.py py2app
"""

from distutils.core import setup
import py2app
setup(
app = ['main.py'],
)

That is a sample code of wiki.
I have a file 'main.py' and several sub-folders.
After I execute 'pythonw setup.py py2exe', I see 2 folders, 'dist' & 'build'
which is the same as py2exe.
I open the 'dist' folder and see a file 'main'. Then I double-click the
'main' and appeared the error message.
'IOError:[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/user/austin/Desktop/disk/main.app/Contents/Resources/log/eventlog.xml
I feel so wildered because 'main.app' should be a file not a folder.

I was wondering if some extra codes needed by setup.py
Could anyone give me an advice?
Thanks a lot.

Ronald Oussoren

"""
Minimal setup.py example, run with:
% python setup.py py2app
"""

from distutils.core import setup
import py2app
setup(
app = ['main.py'],
)

That is a sample code of wiki.
I have a file 'main.py' and several sub-folders.
After I execute 'pythonw setup.py py2exe', I see 2 folders, 'dist' &
'build'
which is the same as py2exe.
I open the 'dist' folder and see a file 'main'. Then I double-click the
'main' and appeared the error message.
'IOError:[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/user/austin/Desktop/disk/main.app/Contents/Resources/log/eventlog.xml
I feel so wildered because 'main.app' should be a file not a folder.

It's an application bundle, which is a folder. All '.app'-s on OS X are
folders, it is a neat way of bundling the application program and all
data files it needs.
I was wondering if some extra codes needed by setup.py
Could anyone give me an advice?

What is 'eventlog.xml' supposed to be? If you're going to write to it,
it is in the wrong location. If it is a datafile that is used by your
application you should mention it in the setup.py script (the
data_files argument).

Ronald