py2exe 0.5 and multiple utilities

Miki Tebeka

Hello All,

I'd like to create several utilities with py2exe and place them all in
the same directory.
However for each utility py2exe creates a different library.zip.

Any ideas on how to overcome this problem? (Placing all in the same
setup.py is not an option).

Thanks.
Miki

Thomas Heller

Hello All,

I'd like to create several utilities with py2exe and place them all in
the same directory.
However for each utility py2exe creates a different library.zip.

You can rename library.zip into something else for each utility.
Any ideas on how to overcome this problem? (Placing all in the same
setup.py is not an option).

Why not?

If it's really not possible (for reasons I cannot imagine), as py2exe is
distutils-derived, you can do anything with subclasses ;-).

Maybe make a subclass of build_exe which will add files into
library.zip, instead of creating a new one each time.

Thomas

Thomas Heller

Thomas Heller said:
You can rename library.zip into something else for each utility.

I forgot to say that py2exe has to know about it, so you don't rename
the file after it has been created, instead you specify a
'zipfile="xxxx"' named argument when calling the setup function.

Thomas