py2exe 0.6.2 version resources

klaus.roedel

Hi @all,

I've implementet a simple setup script for my application with py2exe.
The setup.py works fine, but now I want to add version resources to my
*.exe-file. But how can I do it?
I've tested it with the setup.cfg, but that doesn't work. I alwayse
became the errormessage:
error: error in setup.cfg: command 'py2exe' has no such option
'version_legalcopyright'
until I've deleted all options.
I'm using python 2.4.1 and py2exe 0.6.2 on Windows XP SP2.
Thanks for any help.

Greets,
Klaus

PS:
Here my example setup.py:

from distutils.core import setup
import glob
import py2exe

install = dict(script="startApp.py",
dest_base="My Application",
icon_resources=[(1, "img\\icon.ico")])

opts = dict(py2exe= dict(dist_dir="Application"))

setup(name = 'My Application',
author="Klaus Rödel",
data_files=[("img", glob.glob("img\\*.png")), ("img",
glob.glob("img\\*.ico")), ("", ["my_dll.dll"])],
options = opts,
windows=[install])

And here my example setup.cfg:

[py2exe]
version-companyname=which ever
version-filedescription=the little application name
version-fileversion=0.1.0
version-legalcopyright=Hmm...
version-legaltrademarks=blah blah
version-productname=the little applications product name
version-productversion=0.1.0

Thomas Heller

Hi @all,

I've implementet a simple setup script for my application with py2exe.
The setup.py works fine, but now I want to add version resources to my
*.exe-file. But how can I do it?
I've tested it with the setup.cfg, but that doesn't work. I alwayse
became the errormessage:
error: error in setup.cfg: command 'py2exe' has no such option
'version_legalcopyright'
until I've deleted all options.
I'm using python 2.4.1 and py2exe 0.6.2 on Windows XP SP2.
Thanks for any help.

In py2exe 0.5 and 0.6 you can no longer specify the versionresource in
setup.cfg. The advanced sample in
lib\site-packages\py2exe\samples\advanced demonstrated how to do it.
Greets,
Klaus

Thomas