py2exe 0.6.2 version resources

Discussion in 'Python' started by klaus.roedel@vipco.de, Sep 20, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi @all,

    I've implementet a simple setup script for my application with py2exe.
    The setup.py works fine, but now I want to add version resources to my
    *.exe-file. But how can I do it?
    I've tested it with the setup.cfg, but that doesn't work. I alwayse
    became the errormessage:
    error: error in setup.cfg: command 'py2exe' has no such option
    'version_legalcopyright'
    until I've deleted all options.
    I'm using python 2.4.1 and py2exe 0.6.2 on Windows XP SP2.
    Thanks for any help.

    Greets,
    Klaus

    PS:
    Here my example setup.py:

    from distutils.core import setup
    import glob
    import py2exe

    install = dict(script="startApp.py",
    dest_base="My Application",
    icon_resources=[(1, "img\\icon.ico")])

    opts = dict(py2exe= dict(dist_dir="Application"))

    setup(name = 'My Application',
    author="Klaus Rödel",
    data_files=[("img", glob.glob("img\\*.png")), ("img",
    glob.glob("img\\*.ico")), ("", ["my_dll.dll"])],
    options = opts,
    windows=[install])

    And here my example setup.cfg:

    [py2exe]
    version-companyname=which ever
    version-filedescription=the little application name
    version-fileversion=0.1.0
    version-legalcopyright=Hmm...
    version-legaltrademarks=blah blah
    version-productname=the little applications product name
    version-productversion=0.1.0

    , Sep 20, 2005

  2. writes:

    > Hi @all,
    >
    > I've implementet a simple setup script for my application with py2exe.
    > The setup.py works fine, but now I want to add version resources to my
    > *.exe-file. But how can I do it?
    > I've tested it with the setup.cfg, but that doesn't work. I alwayse
    > became the errormessage:
    > error: error in setup.cfg: command 'py2exe' has no such option
    > 'version_legalcopyright'
    > until I've deleted all options.
    > I'm using python 2.4.1 and py2exe 0.6.2 on Windows XP SP2.
    > Thanks for any help.

    In py2exe 0.5 and 0.6 you can no longer specify the versionresource in
    setup.cfg. The advanced sample in
    lib\site-packages\py2exe\samples\advanced demonstrated how to do it.

    > Greets,
    > Klaus

    Thomas

    Thomas Heller, Sep 20, 2005