py2exe and OpenGL problem

bigredindian

I am using the new py2exe and python 24. When I run my setup.py, the
dist seems to generate just fine. However run I run the resulting exe,
I get an error:

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
'c:\\app\\dist\\library.zip\\OpenGL\\version'

Now I've tried the recommended route with older py2exes, where I
exclude OpenGL and copy the entire directory over to my dist, but that
didn't work. I included "version" into the "OpenGL" directory via my
setup.py script, and it is there right in the library.zip, but I still
get the same error.

Anyone have any ideas or suggections?

Thanks,
Patrick

Mike C. Fletcher

Line 13:17 of OpenGL.__init__.py, replace with:

try:
filename = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), 'version')
__version__ = string.strip(open(filename).read())
except Exception, err:
__version__ = '2.0.2.02'

HTH,
Mike

I am using the new py2exe and python 24. When I run my setup.py, the
dist seems to generate just fine. However run I run the resulting exe,
I get an error:

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
'c:\\app\\dist\\library.zip\\OpenGL\\version'

Now I've tried the recommended route with older py2exes, where I
exclude OpenGL and copy the entire directory over to my dist, but that
didn't work. I included "version" into the "OpenGL" directory via my
setup.py script, and it is there right in the library.zip, but I still
get the same error.

Anyone have any ideas or suggections?

Mike C. Fletcher
Designer, VR Plumber, Coder