    Maybe other ways exist for such tasks?

    --
    Thx, Alex Gusarov

    Alex Gusarov, Jun 19, 2008

  2. Alex Gusarov <> wrote:
    > Hello, I've met a problem - I want my program working without Python
    > installation but I have some add-on mechanism (add-ons represented by
    > separate .py files, and application auto-recognize such files on
    > start).

    > So, if I will using py2exe for main program and separate .py files for
    > add-ons, will I need Python installation on client machine?
    > Maybe other ways exist for such tasks?

    py2exe's output includes a complete Python interpreter, so it should
    work just fine.

    If you want to load the .py files using 'import' you might have to
    fiddle a bit, but if you just open the files and use 'exec' it should
    be very easy indeed.

    -M-

    Matthew Woodcraft, Jun 19, 2008

  3. On Jun 19, 6:00 am, "Alex Gusarov" <> wrote:
    > Hello, I've met a problem - I want my program working without Python
    > installation but I have some add-on mechanism (add-ons represented by
    > separate .py files, and application auto-recognize such files on
    > start).
    >
    > So, if I will using py2exe for main program and separate .py files for
    > add-ons, will I need Python installation on client machine?
    > Maybe other ways exist for such tasks?
    >
    > --
    > Thx, Alex Gusarov

    I know some of the people here swear by the "freeze" modules. As I
    understand it, you can use them to just distribute your pyc files.
    This makes updates very small, or so I've heard. I haven't tried it
    yet.

    Mike

    Mike Driscoll, Jun 19, 2008
  4. Alex Gusarov

    Alex Gusarov Guest

    Thanks everybody, yes, I use 'exec' for files.
    And "freeze" modules - thanks too, I almost forgot this opportunity.

    --
    Best regards, Alex Gusarov

    Alex Gusarov, Jun 20, 2008