py2exe encoding

Matthias Huening

Hello,

I have got a Tkinter application which works just fine (Python 2.3.4,
WinXP).
I made a standalone version of it by using py2exe (0.5.0). Everything
seems okay, but when running this application I am confronted with the
following error: "no codec search functions registered: can't find
encoding".

Any suggestions?

Matthias

Yermat

Matthias said:
Hello,

I have got a Tkinter application which works just fine (Python 2.3.4,
WinXP).
I made a standalone version of it by using py2exe (0.5.0). Everything
seems okay, but when running this application I am confronted with the
following error: "no codec search functions registered: can't find
encoding".

Any suggestions?

Matthias

It was in the FAQ and now in the wiki: