Py2exe?? Error: Nothing to do?

Nick

I am trying to turn one of my .py files into an exe and I created a
setup script and everything, but when i do the follwing "python
myscript.py py2exe" I get an error saying "Error: Nothing to do" I am
using Python 2.3 (not alpha) with the latest binary of py2exe on
windows 98.

What did i do wrong and how do i fix it, thanks.

vincent wehren

| I am trying to turn one of my .py files into an exe and I created a
| setup script and everything, but when i do the follwing "python
| myscript.py py2exe" I get an error saying

Normally you would execute the setup script, not the script you are trying
to freeze: "python setup.py py2exe"

HTH
Vincent Wehren

"Error: Nothing to do" I am
| using Python 2.3 (not alpha) with the latest binary of py2exe on
| windows 98.
|
| What did i do wrong and how do i fix it, thanks.

Nick

Yes, i did manage to get it to work, thank you.

Also, i am kinda new to the whole newgroups thing. I am currently
posting from google.com and they say it takes several hours before the
groups are updated. Is there anyway to make it so that the newgroups
are like update instantly.

Anand Pillai

Post via a usenet news program. Examples are
Mozilla , Netscape. Dedicated news readers also exist.

If you prefer online posting, try http://www.dbforums.com
which updates its newsgroup databases faster than google.
But you may not find all news items in this forum that
you find here.

-Anand