py2exe prob

Discussion in 'Python' started by ryan, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. ryan

    ryan Guest

    my program uses unicode functions and so i compile like:
    "python setup.py py2exe --packages encodings"

    which seems to create unicodedata.pyd and zlib.pyd, the problem is when i
    run my exe it acts like it didnt do that, it still gives me the error:

    ImportError: No module named warnings
    warning: assignment shadows builtin
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<string>", line 110, in ?
    File "<string>", line 82, in main
    File "handle_keyboard.pyc", line 113, in handle_keyboard
    File "open_url.pyc", line 126, in open_url
    File "input_box.pyc", line 53, in ask
    File "input_box.pyc", line 21, in get_key
    LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding

    also at the top of the error it said:
    ImportError: No module named warnings
    warning: assignment shadows builtin

    anyone know how to fix this or at least what it means?
    ryan, Jul 21, 2003