py2exe Python2.4 and "warning: string/unicode conversion"

Miki Tebeka

Hello All,

I'm shipping an application using py2exe.
With Python2.3 it worked fine but when switching to Python2.4 I started
getting "warning: string/unicode conversion" all over the place.

Any ideas how to solve this (other than using 'filterwarnings')?

Thanks.

Bye.
Miki Tebeka <[email protected]>
http://tebeka.bizhat.com
The only difference between children and adults is the price of the toys

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

Miki said:
> I'm shipping an application using py2exe.
With Python2.3 it worked fine but when switching to Python2.4 I started
getting "warning: string/unicode conversion" all over the place.

Any ideas how to solve this (other than using 'filterwarnings')?

It is really surprising that you get this, as the only occurrence of
the string "string/unicode conversion" in Python was *removed* in
Python 2.4. It was present in 2.3, and occurred if strtoul returned
an overflow error.

Are you sure you are using Python 2.4?

Regards,
Martin

Miki Tebeka

Hello "Martin,
It is really surprising that you get this, as the only occurrence of
the string "string/unicode conversion" in Python was *removed* in
Python 2.4. It was present in 2.3, and occurred if strtoul returned
an overflow error.

Are you sure you are using Python 2.4?
<sigh> Found out that one of the extension modules was compiled with 2.3 </sigh>
Thanks Martin.