py2exe Python2.4 and "warning: string/unicode conversion"

Discussion in 'Python' started by Miki Tebeka, Mar 8, 2005.

  1. Miki Tebeka

    Miki Tebeka Guest

    Hello All,

    I'm shipping an application using py2exe.
    With Python2.3 it worked fine but when switching to Python2.4 I started
    getting "warning: string/unicode conversion" all over the place.

    Any ideas how to solve this (other than using 'filterwarnings')?

    Thanks.

    Bye.
    Miki Tebeka <>
    http://tebeka.bizhat.com
    The only difference between children and adults is the price of the toys

    Miki Tebeka, Mar 8, 2005

  2. Miki Tebeka wrote:
    > I'm shipping an application using py2exe.
    > With Python2.3 it worked fine but when switching to Python2.4 I started
    > getting "warning: string/unicode conversion" all over the place.
    >
    > Any ideas how to solve this (other than using 'filterwarnings')?

    It is really surprising that you get this, as the only occurrence of
    the string "string/unicode conversion" in Python was *removed* in
    Python 2.4. It was present in 2.3, and occurred if strtoul returned
    an overflow error.

    Are you sure you are using Python 2.4?

    Regards,
    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Mar 8, 2005

  3. Miki Tebeka

    Miki Tebeka Guest

    Hello "Martin,

    > > I'm shipping an application using py2exe.
    > >With Python2.3 it worked fine but when switching to Python2.4 I started
    > >getting "warning: string/unicode conversion" all over the place.
    > >
    > >Any ideas how to solve this (other than using 'filterwarnings')?

    > It is really surprising that you get this, as the only occurrence of
    > the string "string/unicode conversion" in Python was *removed* in
    > Python 2.4. It was present in 2.3, and occurred if strtoul returned
    > an overflow error.
    >
    > Are you sure you are using Python 2.4?

    <sigh> Found out that one of the extension modules was compiled with 2.3 </sigh>
    Thanks Martin.

    Miki Tebeka, Mar 9, 2005