py2exe saga continues...

Alex Hall

Hi all,
I started a new thread as I already have several out there, all
talking about basically the same thing. After re-visiting a
StackOverflow post, thanks to the person who gave me that link, I
tossed msvcp90.dll and msvcr90.dll (I use wx) into c:\python26\dlls
and it now compiles! I think I kept thinking that all I needed was to
have the dll files in *my own program folder*. I now have an exe file
which, after doing more globbing of a configuration file and some
other dlls I need, does exactly what I wanted it to do. I now have a
couple questions so I can fine-tune this:
1. Is there a way to start with no command line window popping up? My
main script is a pyw, but it still shows a dos window when the
generated .exe file is clicked. Leaving out the "console" parameter of
setup, though, results in no .exe file at all, so I had to put it
back. I want what I have heard called a "silent startup", where the
program starts but it does not pop up anything. My users will know
because I will speak a message, but I want to dump the dos window.

2. Is there a way to put the exe in a higher-level dir, then put all
the pyd, dll, zip, and other files into a subdirectory so the .exe is
not mixed in with all these files that most users will not care about?
Thank you for all your help over the last few days!!

alex23

Alex Hall said:
I started a new thread as I already have several out there, all
talking about basically the same thing.

Would you mind not doing that and sticking to the one thread to talk
about an issue, preferably one with a subject that actually describes
the question? Every time you start a new thread, you make it harder
for those helping you to keep track of the situation, as well as
annoying those who chose to ignore the original post. Keeping all of
your posts in one large related thread is a better fit for the way
newsreaders & email clients work.

Cheers,
alex23