py2exe

Gandalf

I'm new to py2exe.

i'm using python 2.5 on XP
and py2exe 0.6.6

does someone know what may be wrong with this script:

from distutils.core import setup

import py2exe

setup(console=['babylon.py'],

options = {

"py2exe": {

"packages": ["pyHook", "encodings", "pywinauto",

"pywinauto.controls", "pywinauto.tests", "urllib2", "pyTTS"],

"excludes" : ["sendkeys"],

)

if you need more information please tell me...

thank you

Gandalf

OK this question is not clear enough.

I'm trying to convert my python script to executable file.
it seems than the simple setup(console=['file.py']) won't work in my
case because i use unsupported modules (like pywinauto and extra).

this are the modules I import:

import wx
import wx.html as html
import pythoncom, pyHook
from pywinauto import win32defines
from pywinauto.controls.HwndWrapper import win32functions
from pywinauto.controls.HwndWrapper import HwndWrapper
from pywinauto.controls.HwndWrapper import win32structures
from pywinauto.controls.HwndWrapper import time
from pywinauto.controls.HwndWrapper import Timings
from pywinauto.controls.HwndWrapper import ctypes
from pywinauto import win32defines
from pywinauto import win32functions
from pywinauto.controls.HwndWrapper import SendKeys
import sys
import urllib2
import re

import pywinauto.clipboard
import sqlite3 as lite

import time
import pyTTS

can someone please show me the right way to right write my setup.py
script?

thank you!

Mike Driscoll

I'm new to py2exe.

i'm using python 2.5 on XP
and py2exe 0.6.6

does someone know what may be wrong with this script:

from distutils.core import setup

import py2exe

setup(console=['babylon.py'],

options = {

"py2exe": {

"packages": ["pyHook", "encodings", "pywinauto",

"pywinauto.controls", "pywinauto.tests", "urllib2", "pyTTS"],

"excludes" : ["sendkeys"],

)

if you need more information please tell me...

thank you

You need to post the error or at least what the issue is as well. And
why are you importing wx and then creating a console (i.e. command-
line interface) program?

I prefer to use GUI2Exe for creating executables: http://code.google.com/p/gui2exe/

Mike

Tim Roberts

Gandalf said:
OK this question is not clear enough.

I'm trying to convert my python script to executable file.
it seems than the simple setup(console=['file.py']) won't work in my
case because i use unsupported modules (like pywinauto and extra).

If you have explicit imports, py2exe can figure those out. You should be
able to see that in the "dist" directory. However, wxPython needs some
extra modules and DLLs that py2exe is not able to figure out. I believe
the wxPython web site talks about this. Google wxPython and py2exe for
hints.