py3k: datetime resolution / isoformat

Guest

When I do:

datetime.datetime.now().isoformat(' ')

I get the time with the microseconds. The docs says:
"if microsecond is 0 YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS+HH:MM".

How do I set microsecond to 0?
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: can't set attributes of built-in/extension type
'datetime.datetime'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: can't set attributes of built-in/extension type
'datetime.datetime'

Do I need to create my own class to extend datetime.datetime?

Ned Deily

When I do:

datetime.datetime.now().isoformat(' ')

I get the time with the microseconds. The docs says:
"if microsecond is 0 YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS+HH:MM".

How do I set microsecond to 0?
'2011-02-25T18:48:24'

MRAB

When I do:

datetime.datetime.now().isoformat(' ')

I get the time with the microseconds. The docs says:
"if microsecond is 0 YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS+HH:MM".

How do I set microsecond to 0?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: can't set attributes of built-in/extension type
'datetime.datetime'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: can't set attributes of built-in/extension type
'datetime.datetime'

Do I need to create my own class to extend datetime.datetime?
You could just truncate the result:

datetime.datetime.now().isoformat(' ')[ : 19]

Chris Rebert

When I do:

   datetime.datetime.now().isoformat(' ')

I get the time with the microseconds. The docs says:
"if microsecond is 0 YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS+HH:MM".

How do I set microsecond to 0?

    >>> datetime.datetime.microsecond = 0
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
   TypeError: can't set attributes of built-in/extension type
'datetime.datetime'

Here you're trying to modify the *class* itself, not an *instance* of
the class like you want to.
However, datetime.datetime instances are immutable anyway. You have to
create a new instance with the desired values, as Ned Deily
demonstrated.

Cheers,
Chris