py_compile vs. IndentationError

Mr. Magoo

Why does py_compile print IndentationError in a different format than
SyntaxError? It makes it harder to parse the output in a non-python
program.

Sorry: IndentationError: ('unindent does not match any outer indentation
level', ('foo.py', 19, 17, '\t\t\t return 0.0 \n'))

instead of

File "foo.py", line 19
zreturn 0.0

for example.

Is there a way for me to wrap this up in a script and transform the
output on the way out?

Magoo