    or where to report this? Advice?
    Thanks,
    Kari

    Kari Hallfast, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Hi,

    Kari Hallfast wrote:

    -- snip --

    > I'm a complete newbie to Python so I don't really know what to do
    > or where to report this? Advice?

    I'd recommend to post the smallest snippet of code which reproduces the
    behaviour - the group comp.lang.python is the right place for it IMHO.

    best regards

    Werner

    Werner Schiendl, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Kari Hallfast wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm a C++ programmer and I have just recently decided to use Python as an
    > embedded scripting language. I call Py_Initialize(), run a few scripts and
    > call PyFinalize() which causes an unhandled exception. My C++ program is a
    > debug version and I tried using the debug and release versions of the python
    > libs and dlls with the same results. I uninstalled Python 2.3 and installed
    > 2.2.3 and everything works fine. I'm either not doing someting right or this
    > is a bug. I'm a complete newbie to Python so I don't really know what to do
    > or where to report this? Advice?
    > Thanks,
    > Kari

    Download the Python source code, compile the debug version, and use the
    debug dll and find out where you get that exception. I also had some odd
    exceptions in Py_Finalize at some point. I was doing something wrong but
    never found out what actually.

    Harri

    Harri Pesonen, Oct 23, 2003