pyAA for Python2.5

Discussion in 'Python' started by Kottiyath, Jan 27, 2009.

  1. Kottiyath

    Kottiyath Guest

    Hi,
    I would like to obtain pyAA for Python 2.5. I went through their
    web site, but they provide the windows exe only for Python2.4. I tried
    compiling from source, but that also was to no avail - it errs out as
    follows:

    C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install
    running install
    running build
    running build_py
    file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
    file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
    running build_ext
    error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
    extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
    binaries.
    Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
    installed,
    you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
    setup.py.

    C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
    mingw32
    usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
    or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
    or: setup.py --help-commands
    or: setup.py cmd --help

    error: invalid command 'mingw32'

    Has anyone tried the same? Can anyone give any suggestions?
    Kottiyath, Jan 27, 2009

  2. On Jan 27, 12:12 pm, Kottiyath <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >    I would like to obtain pyAA for Python 2.5. I went through their
    > web site, but they provide the windows exe only for Python2.4. I tried
    > compiling from source, but that also was to no avail - it errs out as
    > follows:
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install
    > running install
    > running build
    > running build_py
    > file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
    > file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
    > running build_ext
    > error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
    > extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
    > binaries.
    > Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
    > installed,
    > you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
    > setup.py.
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
    > mingw32
    > usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
    >    or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
    >    or: setup.py --help-commands
    >    or: setup.py cmd --help
    >
    > error: invalid command 'mingw32'
    >
    > Has anyone tried the same? Can anyone give any suggestions?

    You probably have to put mingw32 on your path or provide an absolute
    path to it. By the way, where did you get the source? I couldn't find
    it...

    Mike
    Mike Driscoll, Jan 27, 2009

  3. Kottiyath

    Kottiyath Guest

    On Jan 27, 11:56 pm, Mike Driscoll <> wrote:
    > On Jan 27, 12:12 pm, Kottiyath <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,
    > >    I would like to obtain pyAA for Python 2.5. I went through their
    > > web site, but they provide the windows exe only for Python2.4. I tried
    > > compiling from source, but that also was to no avail - it errs out as
    > > follows:

    > > C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install
    > > running install
    > > running build
    > > running build_py
    > > file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
    > > file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
    > > running build_ext
    > > error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
    > > extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
    > > binaries.
    > > Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
    > > installed,
    > > you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
    > > setup.py.

    > > C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
    > > mingw32
    > > usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
    > >    or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
    > >    or: setup.py --help-commands
    > >    or: setup.py cmd --help

    > > error: invalid command 'mingw32'

    > > Has anyone tried the same? Can anyone give any suggestions?

    > You probably have to put mingw32 on your path or provide an absolute
    > path to it. By the way, where did you get the source? I couldn't find
    > it...
    >
    > Mike

    I have mingw32-gcc in my path. If I try that too -it fails.

    C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
    "mingw32-gcc"
    invalid command name 'mingw32-gcc'

    I got the source from
    http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=65529

    Can somebody help me out? Our project needs pyAA, but I am unable to
    build on Python2.5.
    Kottiyath, Jan 28, 2009
  4. Kottiyath

    Kottiyath Guest

    On Jan 29, 1:51 am, Rob Williscroft <> wrote:
    > Kottiyath wrote in news:6a594643-f6a2-4d8d-aab3-27eb16cb2fb8
    > @b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com in comp.lang.python:
    >

    > > I have mingw32-gcc in my path. If I try that too -it fails.

    > > C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
    > > "mingw32-gcc"
    > > invalid command name 'mingw32-gcc'

    > All the examples I found via google have the tool name as "mingw32"
    > so try:
    >
    >         python setup.py install -c mingw32
    >
    > or
    >
    >         python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32 install
    >
    > The compiler that the MinGW package installs is gcc.
    >
    > You shoulf be able to verify it is on your path by typing:
    >
    >         gcc --help
    > or
    >         gcc --version
    >
    > and see some output.
    >
    > Rob.
    > --http://www.victim-prime.dsl.pipex.com/

    Thank you Rob.
    The installation went ahead for some more time - but failed showing a
    lot of errors:
    >compile

    running build
    running build_py
    file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
    file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
    pyAAc.cpp:5887: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_HELPCHANGE' was not declared in
    this scope
    pyAAc.cpp:5888: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_DEFACTIONCHANGE' was not declared
    in this scope
    pyAAc.cpp:5889: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_ACCELERATORCHANGE' was not
    declared in this scope

    I cannot understand why it fails. I have not worked in C till now, so
    I am pretty confused.
    I googled also, but to no avail.
    Kottiyath, Jan 29, 2009