    I have to start learning Python for a project at work and I am looking
    around for options.

    Bob
    Robert H, Oct 13, 2010

  2. Hello,

    > One thing that bugs me in refactoring though is that renaming a method or variable does not necessarily work. It's supposed to track down all >references and correctly change them, but it tends to be hit or miss.

    Since we got a true dynamic language here (Python) I don't see a way
    how a "perfect" refactoring can be done even in a theory. PyDev tends
    to do the very same things. Okay, at least that saves me $199. Not
    bad.

    Vladimir Ignatov
    Vladimir Ignatov, Oct 15, 2010

  3. Kai Diefenbach, Oct 15, 2010
  4. Kai Diefenbach wrote:
    > On 2010-10-13 23:36:31 +0200, Robert H said:
    >
    >> Since the new IDE from Jetbrains is out I was wondering if "you" are
    >> using it and what "you" think about it.

    > It sucks.
    >
    > http://regebro.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/python-ide-code-completion-test
    >
    > Kai

    You're not serious, this 'blog' only focus on one feature: code
    completion, test it in a very very light manner ; and conclude that a
    code completion is crap if you need a hotkey to trigger it.

    I'm not a being fan of IDE, so nothing related to being fan of it, but
    you can't just discard them cause you need a hotkey to trigger the
    completion. Who want's to be bothered by windows popping everytime you
    type a letter anyway ?

    JM
    Jean-Michel Pichavant, Oct 15, 2010
  5. In message <>, Jean-
    Michel Pichavant wrote:

    > Who want's to be bothered by windows popping everytime you type a letter
    > anyway ?

    Apparently the Java and Visual Studio crowd are big on this sort of thing.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 16, 2010
  6. Robert H

    CoffeeKid Guest

    On Oct 15, 4:06 am, Kai Diefenbach <> wrote:
    > On 2010-10-13 23:36:31 +0200, Robert H said:

    > It sucks.
    >
    > http://regebro.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/python-ide-code-completion-test
    >
    > Kai

    Kai,

    Your video is childish and silly. A lot of IDE's use <CRTL>+<SPACE>
    to invoke code completion. You purposely did not use it and chose to
    slap your keys and anger and confusion. You should have said you like
    Wing IDE better because it has popup code completion while PyCharm
    uses a key stoke for it.

    -Jim
    CoffeeKid, Oct 19, 2010
  7. On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 10:05 -0700, CoffeeKid wrote:
    > Your video is childish

    When you have someone called "Kid" calling you childish... that's pretty
    low.
    Albert Hopkins, Oct 19, 2010