PyCharm

Robert H

Since the new IDE from Jetbrains is out I was wondering if "you" are
using it and what "you" think about it.

I have to start learning Python for a project at work and I am looking
around for options.

Bob

Vladimir Ignatov

Hello,
One thing that bugs me in refactoring though is that renaming a method or variable does not necessarily work. It's supposed to track down all >references and correctly change them, but it tends to be hit or miss.

Since we got a true dynamic language here (Python) I don't see a way
how a "perfect" refactoring can be done even in a theory. PyDev tends
to do the very same things. Okay, at least that saves me $199. Not
bad.

Vladimir Ignatov

Jean-Michel Pichavant

Kai said:
You're not serious, this 'blog' only focus on one feature: code
completion, test it in a very very light manner ; and conclude that a
code completion is crap if you need a hotkey to trigger it.

I'm not a being fan of IDE, so nothing related to being fan of it, but
you can't just discard them cause you need a hotkey to trigger the
completion. Who want's to be bothered by windows popping everytime you
type a letter anyway ?

JM

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Jean- said:
Who want's to be bothered by windows popping everytime you type a letter
anyway ?

Apparently the Java and Visual Studio crowd are big on this sort of thing.

CoffeeKid