PyCon 2008: Call for Talk & Tutorial Proposals

Discussion in 'Python' started by David Goodger, Oct 16, 2007.

  1. Proposals for PyCon 2008 talks & tutorials are now being accepted.
    The deadline for proposals is November 16.

    PyCon 2008 will be held in Chicago, Illinois, USA, from March 13-20.

    http://us.pycon.org/2008/

    Tutorial Day: Half-Day Tutorials
    ================================

    Do you enjoy teaching classes or tutorials? Are you good at it?
    PyCon is looking for proposals for tutorials. The PyCon Tutorial Day
    will be March 13, 2008 (Thursday).

    There will be morning and afternoon tutorial sessions (3 hours each,
    plus a 30-minute break); presenters may request two sessions in order
    to make up a full day. Tutorials may be on any topic, but obviously
    should be instructional in nature.

    Full details and instructions here:
    http://us.pycon.org/2008/tutorials/proposals/

    Conference Days: Scheduled Talks
    ================================

    Want to share your experience and expertise? PyCon is looking for
    proposals to fill the formal presentation tracks. The PyCon
    Conference Days will be March 14-16, 2008 (Friday-Sunday).

    Previous PyCon conferences have had a broad range of presentations,
    ranging from reports on academic and commercial projects to tutorials
    and case studies. We hope to continue that tradition this year. As
    long as the presentation is interesting and potentially useful to the
    Python community, it will be considered for inclusion in the program.

    We're especially interested in short tutorial presentations that will
    teach conference-goers something new and useful. Can you show
    attendees how to: use a module? explore a Python language feature?
    package an application?

    Full details and instructions here:
    http://us.pycon.org/2008/conference/proposals/

    Development Sprints
    ===================

    Four days of development sprints will follow the conference days,
    March 17-20 (Monday-Thursday). Start thinking about sprints you'd
    like to lead or join. We'll have an announcement about these soon!
    http://us.pycon.org/2008/sprints/

    Lightning Talks & Open Space
    ============================

    If you don't want to make a formal presentation, you can still bring
    your new project or idea to PyCon.

    There will be several sessions of Lightning Talks (five minute
    mini-talks, scheduled at the conference).
    http://us.pycon.org/2008/conference/lightning

    There will also be several Open Space rooms for informal and
    spur-of-the-moment presentations. Open Space slots are allocated
    during PyCon on a first-come first-served basis. These slots can be
    used for presentations, round table discussions, hands-on tutorials,
    follow-up discussions after scheduled talks, or anything else you wish
    to present.
    http://us.pycon.org/2008/conference/openspace/

    Help Out!
    =========

    PyCon 2008 planning is in full swing, but we can still use more help,
    *your* help! http://us.pycon.org/2008/helping/

    David Goodger, Oct 16, 2007