PyCon 2011 - Full talk and tutorial list now available,registration open!

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jesse Noller, Jan 8, 2011.

  1. Jesse Noller

    Jesse Noller Guest

    I'm very pleased to announce, on behalf of the PyCon 2011 Program
    committee, and entire PyCon 2011 volunteer staff, that the full list
    of PyCon 2011 talks is now public, and available!

    This was an especially hard year for the PyCon program committee: we
    had over 200 proposals for only 95 total slots, so we ended up having
    to reject a lot of excellent proposals. We've spent the better part of
    the last few months in reviews, meetings and debates selecting which
    talks would be in the final PyCon program. It was not and easy task -
    all of the proposal authors really came through in their proposals -
    the number of high quality proposals we had to chose from was simply
    staggering.

    That said - the program committee completed it's work yesterday
    morning. Acceptance and rejection letters have been sent, and you can
    now view the full program on the site:

    http://us.pycon.org/2011/schedule/lists/talks/

    This obviously complements the list of tutorials also available:

    http://us.pycon.org/2011/schedule/lists/tutorials/

    Personally, this is my second year acting as the Program Committee
    chair (and hence, my last) - and between the talk list, and the list
    of tutorials, our current keynote speaker
    (http://us.pycon.org/2011/home/keynotes/) and the emerging line of up
    poster sessions - I'm extremely proud to have been part of the
    process, and extremely excited about the upcoming conference. It is
    going to be amazing

    One behalf of the entire PyCon 2011 staff, I want to again thank every
    single talk author for their submission(s), and I look forward to
    seeing all of you, and them at the conference. PyCon is an amazing
    conference only because of the quality talks, tutorials and community
    we have. I'm confident this one will knock it out of the park.

    As a reminder: Early Bird registration
    (http://us.pycon.org/2011/tickets/) closes January 17th - and we have
    an attendance cap of 1500 total attendees (speakers are counted
    against this number, and guaranteed a slot) so be sure to register
    today!

    Jesse Noller
    PyCon 2011
    Jesse Noller, Jan 8, 2011