PyCon 2011 Reminder: Call for Proposals,Posters and Tutorials - us.pycon.org

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jesse Noller, Oct 26, 2010.

  1. Jesse Noller

    Jesse Noller Guest

    PyCon 2011 Reminder: Call for Proposals, Posters and Tutorials - us.pycon.org

    Well, it's October 25th! The leaves have turned and the deadline for submitting
    main-conference talk proposals expires in 7 days (November 1st, 2010)!

    We are currently accepting main conference talk proposals:
    http://us.pycon.org/2011/speaker/proposals/

    Tutorial Proposals:
    http://us.pycon.org/2011/speaker/proposals/tutorials/

    Poster Proposals:
    http://us.pycon.org/2011/speaker/posters/cfp/

    PyCon 2011 will be held March 9th through the 17th, 2011 in Atlanta, Georgia.
    (Home of some of the best southern food you can possibly find on Earth!) The
    PyCon conference days will be March 11-13, preceded by two tutorial days
    (March 9-10), and followed by four days of development sprints (March 14-17).

    We are also proud to announce that we have booked our first Keynote
    speaker - Hilary Mason, her bio:

    "Hilary is the lead scientist at bit.ly, where she is finding sense in vast
    data sets. She is a former computer science professor with a background in
    machine learning and data mining, has published numerous academic papers, and
    regularly releases code on her personal site, http://www.hilarymason.com/.
    She has discovered two new species, loves to bake cookies, and asks way too
    many questions."

    We're really looking forward to having her this year as a keynote speaker!

    Remember, we've also added an "Extreme" talk track this year - no introduction,
    no fluff - only the pure technical meat!

    For more information on "Extreme Talks" see:

    http://us.pycon.org/2011/speaker/extreme/

    We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!

    Please also note - registration for PyCon 2011 will also be capped at a
    maximum of 1,500 delegates, including speakers. When registration opens (soon),
    you're going to want to make sure you register early! Speakers with accepted
    talks will have a guaranteed slot.

    We have published all registration prices online at:
    http://us.pycon.org/2011/tickets/

    Important Dates
    November 1st, 2010: Talk proposals due.
    December 15th, 2010: Acceptance emails sent.
    January 19th, 2011: Early bird registration closes.
    March 9-10th, 2011: Tutorial days at PyCon.
    March 11-13th, 2011: PyCon main conference.
    March 14-17th, 2011: PyCon sprints days.
    Contact Emails:

    Van Lindberg (Conference Chair) -
    Jesse Noller (Co-Chair) -
    PyCon Organizers list: