PyCon Australia 2011: cfp closing soon!

Ryan Kelly

Hi Everyone,

A reminder that the Call for Proposals for PyCon Australia 2011 will be
closing soon. We've had some great proposals so far, but there is still
time left and program to fill.

PyCon Australia is Australia's only conference dedicated exclusively to
the Python programming language, and will be held at the Sydney Masonic
Center over the weekend of August 20 and 21. See below for more
information and updates on:

1. Call For Proposals
2. More Sponsors Announced

Please pass this message on to those you feel may be interested.

Call For Proposals
==================

The deadline for proposal submission is the 2nd of May.
That's only a few days away!

We are looking for proposals for talks on all aspects of Python
programming from novice to advanced levels; applications and frameworks,
or how you have been involved in introducing Python into your
organisation. We're especially interested in short presentations that
will teach conference-goers something new and useful. Can you show
attendees how to use a module? Explore a Python language feature?
Package an application?

We welcome first-time speakers; we are a community conference and we
are eager to hear about your experience. If you have friends or
colleagues who have something valuable to contribute, twist their arms
to tell us about it! Please also forward this Call for Proposals to
anyone that you feel may be interested.

The earlier you submit your proposal, the more time we will have to
review and give you feedback before the program is finalised.

Speakers receive free registration for the conference, including a seat
at the conference dinner. Don't miss out, submit your proposal today!

http://pycon-au.org/cfp

More Sponsors Announced
=======================

We are delighted to announce that ComOps has joined as a Gold Sponsor.
Thank you to the following companies for their continuing support of
Python and for helping to make PyCon Australia 2011 a reality:

Gold: Google <http://www.google.com.au/>
Gold: Microsoft <http://www.microsoft.com.au/>
Gold: ComOps <http://www.comops.com.au/>

Silver: Anchor <http://anchor.com.au/>
Silver: Enthought <http://www.enthought.com/>
Silver: Python Software Foundation <http://www.python.org/psf/>

Thanks also to Linux Australia, who provide the overarching legal and
organisational structure for PyCon Australia.

Ryan Kelly
PyCon Australia 2011