PyCon DC 2004 - Submissions Deadline Extended

Discussion in 'Python' started by Steve Holden, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Steve Holden

    Steve Holden Guest

    Dear Python User:

    We have received many enquiries asking "When and how will
    I be able to submit my paper to PyCon DC 2004?". This is
    encouraging news - from the correspondence to date it seems
    that there will be some interesting and exciting presentations
    next March.

    Please be patient as the system to handle submissions goes
    through to completion. When it is ready, look for a further
    announcement in the same place as this one.

    Just a reminder, while I have your attention. Submissions
    should ideally be in a single file, containing HTML or the
    reStructured Text format. At a pinch we will be prepared to
    accept PDF, and either tar or zip files containing sets of
    coordinated documents (such as an HTML master and the graphics
    to which it refers). Ulitmately we would like to publish all
    accepted papers on the web, and these rules should make it
    easier to do so.

    If your paper is accepted and you prepare an electronic
    presentation (in PDF, PythonPoint or PowerPoint) we will
    also happily publish that on the web site when PyCon is over.

    So, have at it! Anything describing the uses of Python, or
    better ways of teaching it, neat tricks for developers and
    suggestions for improvement to the language or its community
    is fair game. It's likely we will have a larger proportion of
    students attending in 2004, so we are particularly encouraging
    presentations with an educational spin, including material
    of a more introductory nature.

    Don't forget, too, that even if you don't want to make a formal
    presentation, the Open Space sessions and other informal activities
    will give everyone plenty of chance to contribute what they know
    and discuss what they need. PyCon should be *the* place to go
    to learn more about Python. Please help to ensure this is so.

    Sincerely

    Steve Holden
    Chairman
    PyCon DC 2004