PyCon: suggestions for tutorial speakers wanted

Discussion in 'Python' started by A.M. Kuchling, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. A planned new addition to PyCon 2006 is a day of tutorials before the
    conference; tutorials will cost extra and give attendees a chance to
    take a 3-hour introduction to Python (or some other topic) before they
    leap into conference-going.

    A Call for Tutorials will be posted soon. It'll go to
    comp.lang.python.announce as usual, but we'll also send it directly to
    various people who do Python training professionally. Which leads to
    my request...

    Have you taken a Python-related course from a professional who turned
    out to be really good? We'd like to know about such people so that we
    can send them a copy of the Call for Tutorials. Please let me know,
    either here or in private e-mail.

    If you're interested in giving a tutorial, you can also express an
    interest in order to receive the CFT; just drop me a line and I'll
    save your e-mail. You should plan for a 3-hour session, interrupted
    by a break halfway through. Further details and requirements will be
    in the CFT when it appears; I'm hoping it'll go out next week.

    --amk
    A.M. Kuchling, Oct 27, 2005