PyCon TX 2006: Early-bird registration ends Dec. 31!

David Goodger

Early bird registration for PyCon TX 2006 ends on December 31st,
so there are only a few days LEFT. To register, please visit:

http://us.pycon.org/TX2006/Registration

You can still register after Dec. 31st, but the cost will go up by
US$65 (US$25 for students).

This year PyCon will feature a day of tutorials before the three days
of regular presentations. Course outlines for all the tutorials have
been posted; see

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyCon2006/Tutorials

All of the PyCon tutorials are still open for new registrations, but
space is limited, and we suspect they'll all be filled up by the time
early-bird registration closes.

Don't forget to book your hotel room, too. PyCon TX 2006 is being
held at a Dallas/Addison hotel, and we have negotiated a special low
rate:

http://us.pycon.org/Addison/Hotels

We hope to see you in Texas!

-- David Goodger
(on behalf of A.M. Kuchling, Chair, PyCon 2006)

Thomas Wouters

Don't forget to book your hotel room, too. PyCon TX 2006 is being
held at a Dallas/Addison hotel, and we have negotiated a special low
rate:

FWIW, for some days, the special-rate 1-2 person rooms are out of stock.
Feb 22nd, 26th and 27th, to be precise, when I booked this morning. That
means you can't conveniently book online (it will just tell you you can't
get that group rate for your entire stay) but I was able to get it sorted
over the phone. The hotel booked me for the 1-2 person special rate for
most of the nights, and the 3-4 person special rate (still cheaper than
most alternatives) the three troublesome nights. Anyone still
trying to get their hotel reserved might want to keep this in mind.

A-hotel-with-rooms-"out-of-stock"--what's-next-ly y'rs,

Aahz

FWIW, for some days, the special-rate 1-2 person rooms are out of stock.
Feb 22nd, 26th and 27th, to be precise, when I booked this morning. That
means you can't conveniently book online (it will just tell you you can't
get that group rate for your entire stay) but I was able to get it sorted
over the phone. The hotel booked me for the 1-2 person special rate for
most of the nights, and the 3-4 person special rate (still cheaper than
most alternatives) the three troublesome nights. Anyone still
trying to get their hotel reserved might want to keep this in mind.

They're not out of stock, they just fscked their reservation system. Our
contract says that we get the special rate as long as they actually have
rooms available. We'll post another announcement when the reservation
problems get fixed; at that point, we'll give ya'll the option of giving
us your reservation number (and we'll fix it for you) or handling the
problem yourselves.
--
Aahz ([email protected]) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a serious
conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a straight face.
It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws wearing body armor
arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing a T-shirt about who's
in more danger." --Roy Smith