PyCon TX 2006: Early-bird registration ends Dec. 31!

Discussion in 'Python' started by David Goodger, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. Early bird registration for PyCon TX 2006 ends on December 31st,
    so there are only a few days LEFT. To register, please visit:

    http://us.pycon.org/TX2006/Registration

    You can still register after Dec. 31st, but the cost will go up by
    US$65 (US$25 for students).

    This year PyCon will feature a day of tutorials before the three days
    of regular presentations. Course outlines for all the tutorials have
    been posted; see

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyCon2006/Tutorials

    All of the PyCon tutorials are still open for new registrations, but
    space is limited, and we suspect they'll all be filled up by the time
    early-bird registration closes.

    Don't forget to book your hotel room, too. PyCon TX 2006 is being
    held at a Dallas/Addison hotel, and we have negotiated a special low
    rate:

    http://us.pycon.org/Addison/Hotels

    We hope to see you in Texas!

    -- David Goodger
    (on behalf of A.M. Kuchling, Chair, PyCon 2006)

    David Goodger, Dec 28, 2005

  2. On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:06:43 -0500, David Goodger wrote:

    > Don't forget to book your hotel room, too. PyCon TX 2006 is being
    > held at a Dallas/Addison hotel, and we have negotiated a special low
    > rate:

    FWIW, for some days, the special-rate 1-2 person rooms are out of stock.
    Feb 22nd, 26th and 27th, to be precise, when I booked this morning. That
    means you can't conveniently book online (it will just tell you you can't
    get that group rate for your entire stay) but I was able to get it sorted
    over the phone. The hotel booked me for the 1-2 person special rate for
    most of the nights, and the 3-4 person special rate (still cheaper than
    most alternatives) the three troublesome nights. Anyone still
    trying to get their hotel reserved might want to keep this in mind.

    A-hotel-with-rooms-"out-of-stock"--what's-next-ly y'rs,
    --
    Thomas Wouters <>

    Thomas Wouters, Dec 28, 2005

  3. David Goodger

    Aahz Guest

    Re: PyCon TX 2006: Hotel problems

    In article <>,
    Thomas Wouters <> wrote:
    >On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:06:43 -0500, David Goodger wrote:
    >>
    >> Don't forget to book your hotel room, too. PyCon TX 2006 is being
    >> held at a Dallas/Addison hotel, and we have negotiated a special low
    >> rate:

    >FWIW, for some days, the special-rate 1-2 person rooms are out of stock.
    >Feb 22nd, 26th and 27th, to be precise, when I booked this morning. That
    >means you can't conveniently book online (it will just tell you you can't
    >get that group rate for your entire stay) but I was able to get it sorted
    >over the phone. The hotel booked me for the 1-2 person special rate for
    >most of the nights, and the 3-4 person special rate (still cheaper than
    >most alternatives) the three troublesome nights. Anyone still
    >trying to get their hotel reserved might want to keep this in mind.

    They're not out of stock, they just fscked their reservation system. Our
    contract says that we get the special rate as long as they actually have
    rooms available. We'll post another announcement when the reservation
    problems get fixed; at that point, we'll give ya'll the option of giving
    us your reservation number (and we'll fix it for you) or handling the
    problem yourselves.
    --
    Aahz () <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

    "Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a serious
    conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a straight face.
    It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws wearing body armor
    arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing a T-shirt about who's
    in more danger." --Roy Smith

    Aahz, Dec 28, 2005