pycups

loial

I am looking to monitor print jobs on linux via python.

pycups looks a possibility, but I cannot find any useful tutorial, examples of how to use it.

Can anyone help?

Adam Tauno Williams

I am looking to monitor print jobs on linux via python.
pycups looks a possibility, but I cannot find any useful tutorial, examples of how to use it.
Can anyone help?

Modern CUPs can provide event notifications via RSS; perhaps that would
work?

I to would really like to find an IPP client implementation, but pycups
seems to be the closest thing, doesn't do much, and is terribly
documented.