PyDev IPython Confusion

Wanderer

I have two versions of Python and Ipython; Python 2.6.6 with Ipython
0.11 and Python 2.7.3 with Ipython 0.12. When I run the Eclipse PyDev
console for the Python 2.7.3 it says it is using Ipython 0.11 as the
interpreter. Ipython 0.11 should not be in the Path for Python 2.7.3.
Is this a bug in Ipython 0.12? Is there a command to check the Ipython
version to verify it is Ipython 0.11 and not Ipython 0.12? Could this
be something in the Windows registry that Ipython 0.11 is the
'registered' version of Ipython?

Thanks

Fabio Zadrozny

I have two versions of Python and Ipython; Python 2.6.6 with Ipython
0.11 and Python 2.7.3 with Ipython 0.12. When I run the Eclipse PyDev
console for the Python 2.7.3 it says it is using Ipython 0.11 as the
interpreter. Ipython 0.11 should not be in the Path for Python 2.7.3.
Is this a bug in Ipython 0.12? Is there a command to check the Ipython
version to verify it is Ipython 0.11 and not Ipython 0.12? Could this
be something in the Windows registry that Ipython 0.11 is the
'registered' version of Ipython?

Please check on the latest PyDev 2.6.0 release (there was an issue
related PYTHONPATH ordering inside PyDev which could potentially lead
to that).

If it doesn't solve it for you, check if your PYTHONPATH is what you
expected inside the shell: import sys;
print('\n'.join(sorted(sys.path))) and compare that with your
configuration... ( note that the recommended place to ask PyDev
questions is at stackoverflow with a PyDev tag... see:
http://pydev.org/about.html )

Cheers,

Fabio