pydoc - suppressing builtins?

contact

Is it possible to persuade pydoc not to include documentation for
methods inherited from built-in classes? I have several classes that
inherit from dict, and don't really need documentation thousands of
lines long that consists mostly of dict's methods repeated multiple
times.

I'm sure I could qite easily write something to post-process the HTML
files; just wondering if there might be an easier way.

thanks
Alan

Skip Montanaro

Alan> Is it possible to persuade pydoc not to include documentation for
Alan> methods inherited from built-in classes? ....

Alan> I'm sure I could qite easily write something to post-process the
Alan> HTML files; just wondering if there might be an easier way.

If you're going to go to the trouble of writing something to post-process
the HTML, maybe it would be no more difficult to simply patch pydoc, then
everyone wins.

Skip