pyexe "format"

John Machin

Reminds me of the story about a teacher trying to correct a student
who was using rather dialectal English:
You have went and putten "putten" when you should of putten "put"!
:)

You should of looken at this:

http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/WhereAmI

HTH,
John

I presumed that you were really asking: "How can Python code tell
whether it is being run in a py2exe-generated exe, or by the Python
interpreter?".

Alternatively, "How can a human inspect an exe and determine whether
it was generated by py2exe?": (1) I don't know (2) Why do you care?

Cheers,
John

hg

John said:
I presumed that you were really asking: "How can Python code tell
whether it is being run in a py2exe-generated exe, or by the Python
interpreter?".

Alternatively, "How can a human inspect an exe and determine whether
it was generated by py2exe?": (1) I don't know (2) Why do you care?

Cheers,
John

An ex-partner might "by mistake" be in possession of some of my source
code ... so if this source code happens to be repackaged in a .exe and I
get to audit it ... I'd like to know where to start.

So the above link ... which I had read ... does not help me.

Regards,

hg