pygame and py2app : big package

Pierre-Alain Dorange

I used py2app on Mac to build a package of my game (using pygame).
It works fine (better than py2exe, i can'tmake work at tht time).

But the package is very big.
The biggest "thing" is numpy lib : 19 MB !

numpy is very big and i doubt all is reallly needed

TerryP

--
Pierre-Alain Dorange

MicroWar 2.0 : kill some PC
        <http://microwar.sourceforge.net/>

Excuse me, but what was the point? (id est, are you just saying this
or do you wish to ask a question?;)

Pierre-Alain Dorange

TerryP said:
Excuse me, but what was the point? (id est, are you just saying this
or do you wish to ask a question?;)

Sorry, it was not clear.
But i want to know if i can make the package smaller, because the total
package weight 59.4 MB just for a small arcade game.

TerryP

Pierre-Alain Dorange said:
Sorry, it was not clear.
But i want to know if i can make the package smaller, because the total
package weight 59.4 MB just for a small arcade game.

You would need to skip or strip out any unneeded components that are
being packed. Either by playing with how py2app sucks them up (I don't
use py2app) or by post processing the file it produces in order to
remove them. (I'm not familiar with OSX beyond the unix portions.)

On my laptop, the entire standard libraries .py/.pyc/.pyo files is
about 54M.