pygame and tutorial

ardechou

hi
i want to find a tutorial for pygame
but not on the site of pygame , just a tutorial for a beginner , to
open a progam , to see the resolution of the screen , to use the mouse
, to write text on screen
and a lot of small tips ...
Thanls a lot

ardechou

Diez B. Roggisch

ardechou said:
hi
i want to find a tutorial for pygame
but not on the site of pygame , just a tutorial for a beginner , to

Why not on the site of pygame? There is everything you request there, most
things on site, other tutorials are linked to.

Kristofer Wouk

Diez said:
ardechou wrote:

Why not on the site of pygame? There is everything you request there, most
things on site, other tutorials are linked to.
Just agreeing here. In fact, I'm not sure if there is any documentation
available for pygame that isn't already on the main pygame site (pygame.org).
When it comes to starting an application, putting text in the main window
and things like that, I'd say have a look at the "Chimp Line By Line" tutorial
on the pygame website.

Kris

Pete Shinners

ardechou said:
i want to find a tutorial for pygame
but not on the site of pygame , just a tutorial for a beginner , to
open a progam , to see the resolution of the screen , to use the mouse
, to write text on screen
and a lot of small tips ...

Hello. Not sure why you want to avoid the pygame site for pygame tutorials?
There are plenty to choose from. For beginner tutorials and tips I've put
together a small list at the end of this message.

A lot of people also prefer learning from examples. The pygame package comes
with about 8 tutorials of different types of programs. If you are on Windows
you may not have gotten the tutorials, they come on in a separate file,
http://pygame.org/ftp/pygame-docs-1.6.exe

Import and Initialize
http://pygame.org/docs/tut/ImportInit.html

Setting Display Modes
http://pygame.org/docs/tut/DisplayModes.html

Help! How Do I Move An Image?
http://pygame.org/docs/tut/MoveIt.html

Line By Line Through the Chimp Tutorial
http://pygame.org/docs/tut/chimp/ChimpLineByLine.html

13 Newbie Tips
http://pygame.org/docs/tut/newbieguide.html

Moving on from these beginner tutorials there are other which help you
through designing the parts of a full game.