Pygame - jerky motion

donn

Hi- just installed pygame, not sure where to go for some help.
I am on Fedora 3 running an ATI card but without the GL drivers installed.

When I run any of the examples they work fine but they are very jerky.
The animation is smooth for a few seconds and then the entire thing pauses
for a heartbeat and then it goes on, pause, move, pause, move etc.
Any ideas about what's up?

(This is the same in fullscreen or running as a window)

donn

donn said:
Hi- just installed pygame, not sure where to go for some help.
I am on Fedora 3 running an ATI card but without the GL drivers installed.

When I run any of the examples they work fine but they are very jerky.
The animation is smooth for a few seconds and then the entire thing pauses
for a heartbeat and then it goes on, pause, move, pause, move etc.
Any ideas about what's up?

(This is the same in fullscreen or running as a window)

Well, I have since compiled and run some SDL demos (not Python, but c) and
they also jerk and pause, so I'm guessing it's an SDL/Fedora/my card thing
and not Pygame at all.

F.I.Y I suppose :)