    a problem.

    Any way to fix it, or do I try something else?
    , May 8, 2009

  2. Chris Rebert Guest

    On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 4:52 PM, <> wrote:
    > I am following this tutorial on python, and it has instructed me to
    > download pygame. I am not sure it works with the new version of python
    > I am using, as the last version it states on the tutorial is 2.6.
    >
    > It is telling me the module does not exist after I download, and I
    > even tried placing it in the python folder, but it still came up with
    > a problem.

    Please give the actual full text of the error message (and traceback
    if possible).
    Please explain precisely which folder you mean by "the python folder".

    Cheers,
    Chris
    --
    http://blog.rebertia.com
    Chris Rebert, May 8, 2009

  3. Mensanator Guest

    On May 7, 6:52 pm, wrote:
    > I am following this tutorial on python, and it has instructed me to
    > download pygame. I am not sure it works with the new version of python
    > I am using, as the last version it states on the tutorial is 2.6.

    If the module says 2.6, then that's the version you must use.

    There's not much point in using 3.x until the 3rd party modules
    catch up. Unless said modules are not important to you.

    And even that's no guarantee. The sympy module writers just assumed
    their code would work in 2.6 without testing it. Turns out they were
    seriously wrong and had to scramble to make a bug fix.

    Mensanator, May 8, 2009
  4. Dave Angel Guest

    wrote:
    > I am following this tutorial on python, and it has instructed me to
    > download pygame. I am not sure it works with the new version of python
    > I am using,

    and what version would that be? What release, and what platform? print
    sys.version and include the output in your next message.
    > as the last version it states on the tutorial is 2.6.
    >
    > It is telling me the module

    what module? Copy & paste the error message into your query, and you're
    likely to get useful response. Also copy & paste the command you're
    issuing to cause this error message.
    > does not exist after I download,

    Then your download manager is complaining about a missing module?
    > and I
    > even tried placing it in the python folder,

    which "python folder". Be specific. Do you mean the folder that
    contains Python.exe? And just what are you "placing" there?
    > but it still came up with
    > a problem.

    A new problem? Be specific.
    > Any way to fix it, or do I try something else?

    Wild guess - maybe it's complaining about a missing SDL module. PyGame
    is dependent on SDL, as far as I can tell.

    Also, see http://www.pygame.org/download.shtml If you're on Windows,
    PyGame has different versions for different versions of Python. This
    page recommends Python 2.5.4. And there isn't a version for Python 3.0
    Dave Angel, May 8, 2009