pygnomevfs get_local_path_from_uri replacement

Discussion in 'Python' started by Daniel Fetchinson, Dec 22, 2012.

  1. Hi folks, I realize this is slightly off topic and maybe belongs to a
    gnome email list but it's nevertheless python:

    I use an old python program that was written for gnome 2 and gtk 2 and
    uses the function get_local_path_from_uri. More specifically it uses
    gnomevfs.get_local_path_from_uri.

    Now with gnome 3 the module pygnomevfs does not exist anymore and
    after checking the source for pygnomevfs it turns out it's written in
    C using all the header files and stuff from gnome 2. So I can't just
    lift it from the source. I was hoping it's pure python in which case I
    could have simply lifted it.

    Does anyone know what a good replacement for get_local_path_from_uri
    is? Is there a gtk/gnome/etc related python package that contains it
    which would work with gnome 3? Or a totally gnome-independent python
    implementation?

    Cheers,
    Daniel

    Daniel Fetchinson, Dec 22, 2012