PyGreSQL 4.1 released

Discussion in 'Python' started by D'Arcy J.M. Cain, Jan 3, 2013.

  1. -------------------------------
    Release of PyGreSQL version 4.1
    -------------------------------

    It has been a long time coming but PyGreSQL v4.1 has been released.

    It is available at: http://pygresql.org/files/PyGreSQL-4.1.tgz.

    If you are running NetBSD, look in the packages directory under
    databases. There is also a package in the FreeBSD ports collection
    which will probably be updated shortly.

    Please refer to `changelog.txt <changelog.html>`_
    for things that have changed in this version.

    Please refer to `readme.txt <readme.html>`_
    for general information.

    This version has been built and unit tested on:
    - NetBSD
    - FreeBSD
    - openSUSE 12.2
    - Windows 7 with both MinGW and Visual Studio
    - PostgreSQL 8.4, 9.0 and 9.2 32 and 64bit
    - Python 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 32 and 64bit

    --
    D'Arcy J.M. Cain
    PyGreSQL Development Group

    D'Arcy J.M. Cain, Jan 3, 2013

  2. D'Arcy J.M. Cain

    Walter Hurry Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 09:04:16 -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

    > -------------------------------
    > Release of PyGreSQL version 4.1 -------------------------------
    >
    > It has been a long time coming but PyGreSQL v4.1 has been released.
    >
    > It is available at: http://pygresql.org/files/PyGreSQL-4.1.tgz.
    >
    > If you are running NetBSD, look in the packages directory under
    > databases. There is also a package in the FreeBSD ports collection which
    > will probably be updated shortly.
    >
    > Please refer to `changelog.txt <changelog.html>`_
    > for things that have changed in this version.
    >
    > Please refer to `readme.txt <readme.html>`_
    > for general information.
    >
    > This version has been built and unit tested on:
    > - NetBSD - FreeBSD - openSUSE 12.2 - Windows 7 with both MinGW and
    > Visual Studio - PostgreSQL 8.4, 9.0 and 9.2 32 and 64bit - Python 2.5,
    > 2.6 and 2.7 32 and 64bit

    Sounds good. Thanks for your efforts.

    Does it offer advantages oiver Psycopg2?

    Walter Hurry, Jan 3, 2013

  3. On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 15:06:29 +0000 (UTC)
    Walter Hurry <> wrote:
    > Sounds good. Thanks for your efforts.

    I wasn't alone but I accept your thanks on behalf of the team.

    > Does it offer advantages oiver Psycopg2?

    Well, it has two interfaces, the DB-API 2.0 and the "Classic" one. The
    classic one is basically the one PyGreSQL started life as before we had
    a standard interface. We kept it as it has some advantages over the
    portable one but offer both. As for other advantages, I prefer to hear
    those from people not involved with either project.

    D'Arcy J.M. Cain, Jan 3, 2013
  4. D'Arcy J.M. Cain

    Walter Hurry Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 13:07:40 -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

    > On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 15:06:29 +0000 (UTC)
    > Walter Hurry <> wrote:
    >> Sounds good. Thanks for your efforts.

    > I wasn't alone but I accept your thanks on behalf of the team.
    >
    >> Does it offer advantages oiver Psycopg2?

    > 0
    > Well, it has two interfaces, the DB-API 2.0 and the "Classic" one. The
    > classic one is basically the one PyGreSQL started life as before we had
    > a standard interface. We kept it as it has some advantages over the
    > portable one but offer both. As for other advantages, I prefer to hear
    > those from people not involved with either project.

    4.1 has just made it into the FreeBSD ports. I'll give it a try (thanks
    again, to you and your team).

    Walter Hurry, Jan 3, 2013