PyGreSQL, DLL search path, IDLE versus python command line

Discussion in 'Python' started by h112211@gmail.com, Aug 1, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm using the Windows version of Python 2.4.3 and everything worked
    okay until I installed PyGreSQL. Well, in fact the installation went
    fine, but when I try to run my script from IDLE I get:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<pathtomyscript>\main.py", line 3, in -toplevel-
    import pgdb
    File "C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pgdb.py", line 69,
    in -toplevel-
    from _pg import *

    A quick surfing session suggested that this happens because libpq.dll
    cannot be found.

    However, if I start the Python command line (from the installer-created
    start menu shortcut) I can "import pgdb" without any errors whatsoever.

    And yes, the dir containing libpq.dll is in my windows path.

    Anyone know why the the command line finds everything but IDLE doesn't?

    , Aug 1, 2006