    I'd rather not have to try to root out the python installation, then build
    and install again. Is there an alternative?

    Trewornan
    trewornan, Jun 28, 2003

  2. trewornan> I'm trying to install pygresql on mandrake 9.1 but when I try
    trewornan> "python setup.py build" I get the error - "cannot find
    trewornan> /usr/lib/python2.2/config/makefile"

    trewornan> I don't have this makefile - is it because I didn't build
    trewornan> python myself (added at installation).

    There's probably a python-devel RPM in the distribution which you need to
    install.

    Skip
    Got spam? http://spambayes.sf.net/
    Skip Montanaro, Jun 28, 2003