pygtk, gtk.treeview and virtuallist ?

Discussion in 'Python' started by manatlan, Apr 25, 2005.

  1. manatlan

    manatlan Guest

    Hello, I'm new to pygtk (but i know wxpython very well)

    I'm trying to play with this example :
    http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2tutorial/sec-CellRenderers.html#filelistingfig
    (the code is here
    : http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2tutorial/examples/filelisting.py)

    I'd like to be able to use a virtual list (like wx.ListCtrl in mode
    LC_VIRTUAL) ...

    This example use a gtk.treeview with a listStore ...
    There are callbacks to display "image, texts and info" (via
    set_cell_data_func() )
    But if there are 1000000 of items, the callbacks will be called 1000000
    times before the window appears ;-(

    I'd like that theses callbacks are called only when items are displayed in
    the window (on demand) ...

    is it possible to do that in pygtk ?

    manatlan, Apr 25, 2005