pyGTK Help Needed Please

B

bingefeller

Hi folks,

I'm trying to run a program called Nicotine+ on my Mac which is running 10.8.5. Nicotine+ requires GTK2, pyGTK2 and Python to run. I believe I have all of these installed via Macports (please see here - http://pastebin.com/nwmrpp2Y )

When I try to run Nicotine+ I get this message:

'/Users/******/Downloads/nicotine+-1.2.16', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python27.zip', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-darwin', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-mac', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-tk', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-old', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/PyObjC', '/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages']
Exception: No module named pygtk

If I run Python and type import pygtk I get this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named pygtk

can anyone help me please?

M

Michael Torrie

Hi folks,

I'm trying to run a program called Nicotine+ on my Mac which is running 10.8.5. Nicotine+ requires GTK2, pyGTK2 and Python to run. I believe I have all of these installed via Macports (please see here - http://pastebin.com/nwmrpp2Y )

When I try to run Nicotine+ I get this message:

'/Users/******/Downloads/nicotine+-1.2.16', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python27.zip', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-darwin', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-mac', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-tk', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-old', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/PyObjC', '/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages']
Exception: No module named pygtk

If I run Python and type import pygtk I get this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named pygtk

can anyone help me please?

You probably need to run the program using the version of Python that's
installed in MacPorts. Your system python does not know anything about
MacPorts, so it obviously can't find pyGTK, since it's not in the system
library location. I can't remember where MacPorts puts things, but
presumably you'd have to do edit the nicotine+-1.2.16 file and change
the first line to point to the MacPorts version of python.

Ask a Question