pyGTK with wxPython

Charlie Kim

hi all.

I made gnome applet with pyGTK and gnome application with wxPython.
When I tried import wxPython application in pyGTK applet it crashed with
message:

GThread-ERROR **: GThread system may only be initialized once.
aborting...

I think it is because I'm trying import wxPython modules in pyGTK applet.

Do I have to modify the application's sources against pyGTK?
or any solution?

TIA.

Nicholas Wieland

-Charlie Kim said:
snip >
Do I have to modify the application's sources against pyGTK?
or any solution?

Yes, you have to modify the source.
Wx is a different system, it does use Gtk but without integrating in
the GNOME desktop architecture (but sharing the wonderful look & feel
^^) :)
It's not a matter of pyGTK or wxPython, for a gnome-applet you need
gnome-python (you have imported gnome.applet ...).
I know that the author of wxPython follows this group, maybe he has
another solution ...

HTH,
nicholas