pyHook and Win98 key events

RayS

(Note: there's not a lot of traffic on Win32, so I'm cross-posting here...)

To debug pyKeyLogger, I wrote this with pyHook (and compiled with
py2exe on Win2K), which prints the ascii codes as expected on Win2K:

import pyHook
import time
import pythoncom
def OnKeyboardEvent(event):
print event.Ascii
def main():
hm = pyHook.HookManager()
hm.KeyDown = OnKeyboardEvent
hm.HookKeyboard()
while True:
pythoncom.PumpMessages()
if __name__ == '__main__':
main()

It silently does nothing on Win98...
What is needed? py2exe on 98? I did test it on a fresh install of 98...
I also just thought about trying loading ANSI.SYS at boot, but I
can't test until tomorrow.

Thanks,
Ray