pyHook equivalent on Linux ? (mouse and keyboard events without focus)

Discussion in 'Python' started by learner404@gmail.com, Jun 16, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I have a Windows Pyhon-Tk app which need to capture mouse end keyboard
    events even when the app is not in focus.

    On Windows so far I've used the excellent PyHook which does the job
    perfectly:

    " The pyHook library wraps the low-level mouse and keyboard hooks in
    the Windows Hooking API for use in Python applications."
    http://www.cs.unc.edu/~parente/tech/tr08.shtml

    Is there something similar on Linux (I'm using Ubuntu/Kubuntu) ?

    Should I go down down to the Windows Manager ? Can my Python-Tkinter
    app communicate with KDE or Gnome to know and use these events ?

    Any suggestions/leads would me much appreciated. :)

    learner404

    , Jun 16, 2006