pyjamas 0.4p1 release

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton

This is a minor patch release of pyjamas 0.4p1, the
Python-to-Javascript compiler and Python Web UI Widgets
Toolkit.

What is Pyjamas for? Pyjamas allows a developer to create
U.I applications in python as if the Web Browser was a Desktop
Widget Set toolkit platform (like pygtk2, pywxWidgets and pyqt4,
only much simpler, and more powerful). No knowledge of javascript
programming is required: the python-to-javascript compiler
takes care of the conversion between python and javascript,
and the U.I widget set takes care of all the browser and AJAX
incompatibilities.

Why don't I find that exciting? The significance of pyjamas
takes a while to sink in. Or you're not a UI developer.
Or you've never been asked to write an identical app that
works on both the desktop and all major web browsers.
If you're a python developer who has followed the history
of web application development of the past decade, with
much frustration and disappointment, is overwhelmed
by Javascript, AJAX and the demands of the
"Web 2.00o0ooo0 Revverlushun", then Pyjamas is
something that you should consider investigating.

Pyjamas 0.4p1 Bug-fixes (and accidental Features)

Significant bugs fixed include HorizontalPanel's remove()
function, SimplePanel's clear() function, and sprintf
with multiple arguments ("%s %d" % ("hello", 2) will now
work)

Dialog Box now has modal functionality (thanks to jurgen
kartnaller).

HorizontalSplitPanel has been added, although both the
horizontal and vertical panels operate correctly on
Mozilla-based browsers, but Safari and IE need volunteers
to work on them.

Several more examples have also been added, including
a spreadsheet-like GridEdit example; a Transparent SVG
canvas clock widget (that actually tells the time); an
"Information Hierarchy" example that could be used as
the basis for an online cooperative spreadsheet editor;
Erik Westra's "Showcase" source code which provides
and shows the source of the 30 widgets being demo'd;
and a few other minor examples.

http://groups.google.com/group/pyjamas-dev/

Bugs:
http://code.google.com/p/pyjamas/issues/list