pylagiarism -- Need help now! Please provide code...

Discussion in 'Python' started by Simon Cropper, Aug 14, 2012.

  1. Hi Everyone,

    I just had a great idea for a new python module. I haven't bothered
    googling it or doing any research.

    I need help putting together some code; today preferably, my boss is on
    my back. Can someone please contribute a functioning module showing me
    how to do it?

    Once I have all your submissions, I will compile a functioning package,
    which I hope to sell. Don't worry, no one will be at risk of being sued,
    I don't intend to credit you with the code and you will not know
    anything about what I have done because I don't intend to post and
    feedback to the list. Licenses are not a problem either, I don't believe
    in them and even if you find out I have plagiarized your stuff you have
    bub-kiss chance of suing me as I am in another jurisdiction.

    So, now you know where I am coming from, I would like to thank you for
    all your help. Remember though, I need help now, so please stop what you
    are doing and submit something quickly. I'm waiting...

    Still waiting...

    Hey, stop reading and get on with writing some code, I don't have all day!

    --
    Simon

    Disclaimer :) Please don't flame me, I have written this with my tongue
    in my cheek and a light hearted take on some people request for
    assistance on a range of mail lists. It was not meant to target anyone
    in particular only to exaggerate how some people's requests appear to
    lurkers and contributors on many fora I frequent.

    Simon Cropper, Aug 14, 2012

  2. On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 16:34:01 +1000, Simon Cropper wrote:

    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > I just had a great idea for a new python module. I haven't bothered
    > googling it or doing any research.
    >
    > I need help putting together some code; today preferably, my boss is on
    > my back. Can someone please contribute a functioning module showing me
    > how to do it?

    [snip]

    Ha ha, very amusing :)

    --